Twee AI - generate questions based on a YouTube video

AI and ChatGPT have been synonymous when talking about ways most people interact with generative AI. There are, however, a bunch of other tools leveraging AI (actually there are bazillions out there and growing every day). One of these is Twee https://twee.com/ 


I completely disagree that this is a tool JUST for English teachers. Far from. The number of use cases is massive, I am just concentrating on one here - the ability to automatically generate questions from a YouTube video. 

There is no doubt that teaching using video can be a highly effective way to engage students for whom this medium is more relevant and engaging than lectures. Here is how it works:


Note that you can use 5 mins maximum from a video. Questions can be open ended, multiple choice or true/false. In my tests I have been blown away at how good the questions are. A teacher of any subject at any level could use this.

In my context, using OneNote I could very quickly create a formative assessment by pasting the video on a page with the questions from Twee right beside it to be answered as the video progressed. Even better, I can paste the questions into Word, then upload to Forms to create a self-marking quiz that I can embed in OneNote next to the video. Very nice!


Twee suggests other options, in this case I can generate a transcript of the video, a summary, discussion questions and more. All generated virtually instantly, with an intuitive and user-friendly UI. Twee is one of the emerging tools that allows us to interact simple with powerful generative AI. This use-case is just one of dozens! Check it out!